Full of I.C. engine is Internal Combustion engine.

The heat engine in which the combustion of the fuel takes place inside the engine cylinder and the heat energy obtained from the combustion of the fuel is converted into mechanical work, e.g. Petrol engine or Gasoline engine, Diesel engine and Gas engine etc.

In all these engines the combustion of fuel takes place inside the engine cylinder itself and the heat energy this obtained is converted into mechanical work.

Working Principle of an IC engine
An IC engine works on the principle of converting heat energy possessed by the fuel.

I.C. Engine Components or I.C. Engine Parts
An I.C. Engine is made up of a large number of parts. Each part is important and performs some function in completing the working of the engine. The most common I.C. engines being used these days are Petrol engines and Diesel engines. There are certain parts which are common both in petrol as well as diesel engines.